333 N. Michigan Ave.
(Area) – Mag Mile/Loop
The DuSable Bridge opened on May 14, 1920, 10,000 vehicles drove over the Chicago River to celebrate former Mayor Thompson’s birthday. The bridge transformed a single dirt-lane road known as Pine Street into The Magnificent Mile in downtown Chicago that we know and love today. Formerly the Michigan Avenue Bridge, it was renamed in 2010 in honor of the “Father of Chicago,” Jean Baptiste Pointe DuSable, a French Haitian and the city’s first non-native settler.